This video demonstrates standard RC4 OneTouch as found in all RC4Magic Series 2, RC4Magic Series 3, LumenDim, and W-DIM devices. standard OneTouch has been the same in all RC4 dimmers since 2007.
I. Setting a dimmer to use the ISL slow curve (Inverse Square Law) with medium RC4 Digital Persistence smoothing on a LumenDimM4
A. ISL slow is the most commonly used dimmer curve for LEDs. It provides RC4 Digital Persistence to emulate the thermal rise and fall of a conventional filament bulb.
B. ISL fast curve disables RC4 Digital Persistence and is preferred for very fast strobing and blinking
C. RC4 provides numerous dimming curves (see below for a link) for various kinds of loads and applications
II. To assign dimmer A to DMX channel 31
A. Set channel 31 to 30% (absolute decimal level 77)
B. Using a small tool like a paper clip, tap the Set A Button
C. The DimA dimmer output indicator will come on at 30% brightness, indicating the channel assignment is complete
1. If the DimA indicator only comes on while the button is pressed, and it does not stay on, then streaming DMX data is not present. The channel level from the console (channel 31 at 30% in this case) must be present, since this is the data that OneTouch uses to make the channel assignment.
D. When Set A is pressed, it assigns all 4 dimmers sequentially
1. Dimmer B is now on channel 32
2. Dimmer C is now on channel 33
3. Dimmer D is now on channel 34
4. This is useful when controlling LED tape, or in any case where sequential channels is desired (which is most of the time)
E. Set A is the only set-button that affects other channels.
1. Set B will assign a DMX channel and curve to only Dimmer B
2. Set C will assign a DMX channel and curve to only Dimmer C
3. Set D will assign a DMX channel and curve to only Dimmer D
4. When non-sequential channel assignments are desired, use Set A first, then override the sequential series using Set B, C, and D
IV. Setting dimmer D to channel 10 with non-dim response
A. Set channel 10 to 100% (at full)
B. Using a small tool like a paper clip, tap the Set D Button
C. The green Dim D indicator will come on at 100%, indicating the channel assignment is complete
D. The RC4 OneTouch dimmer curve selection chart outlines all available dimmer curve options and the levels that select each of them