This document applies only to RC4 LumenDim devices, including:
Pairing RC4 W-DIM Receivers with W-DMX Transmitters
RC4 W-DIM devices must be paired with a Wireless Solution or compatible W-DMX transmitter before they can be used wirelessly.
RC4 Series 3 dimmers use small recessed pushbuttons that cannot be accidentally pressed when the device is inside a prop, set piece, or costume. You will need a bent paperclip or other small tool to operate these buttons.
|Buttons are behind short slotted openings. LEDs are behind small round holes (not slots). Do not poke anything into the round holes. Only insert your tool into slotted openings.|
Follow these simple steps:
- Ensure that the transmitter and the W-DIM device are powered on and near each other.
- If the W-DIM was previously paired to a different transmitter, press and hold the recessed RF Connect button on the dimmer for at least 5 seconds. The blue RF Connect indicator should go off (not on, and not blinking).
- Press the Link button on the transmitter (depending on the make and model, this transmitter button might be marked as Function or Connect). An indicator on the transmitter will start flashing. The blue RF Connect indicator on the W-DIM will also start flashing.
- While indicators are flashing, briefly press the RF Connect button on the W-DIM. When the transmitter stops flashing, the blue RF Connect indicator on the W-DIM will remain lit, indicating that pairing is completed.
- If DMX data is supplied to the W-DMX transmitter, the yellow DMX indicator on the W-DIM will be on.
|When the yellow DMX data indicator is on, you have DMX
control of your wireless dimmers.
The W-DIM will remain paired to the same transmitter until it is changed using the same procedure with a different transmitter. Consult Wireless Solution W-DMX documentation, or documentation for the transmitter you are using, for additional information.